The Institute of Writers

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Institute of Writers

Post  BestNameEva on Fri 24 Jun - 17:55

Introduction/Character Form

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to inform you of a interesting and scheme that your son/daughter has been chosen, by random, to take part in. This scheme was created in order to encourage those of a particular set of skills in creative writing, starting from the age of 14 and ending at the age of 23. Those of whom manifest the character they create into lateral being. We are aware that your child has these abilities, and would like to offer them the opportunity to study and perfect these skills, in a way in which their creations do not take over their lives, nor will they negatively impact anyone else around them. Accommodation is fully provided for in local housing just off of the main highway leading out of Tennesee, with a variety of shops and cafes where students would be able to have work in between lessons if they so wish to.
If you believe this is the scheme that your child will benefit from, please get them to fill out this application form and send it to the return address stated on the envelope you received this letter in.

Full Name:
Used Name:
Age (All applicants starting the new year must be 14, those who are already with us can be anything up to 23):
Other (Relationship status, important things to take note of in family history or personality etc.):
Looks:

Yours,
Madam Jolleine Moore
Governing Maid

Plot
So, if you didn't get it from above, the basic plot is there are a select group of people from various places throughout the world whom have the ability to bring to life the characters they create on paper. These characters, at first controlled by their writers, eventually grow into their own individual person. The point of the school, is to teach those how to keep a strong mental link with their characters and keep control over them.

Characters
When a character is first created, it is controlled completely by the writer. It can not move, speak,  even breath without the writer to give it permission to do. If the writer so wishes, it can simply erase that character from existence by thinking it, never to return again. The stronger character, or the longer it is allowed to manifest in the real world, the more powerful and independent it comes. It eventually no longer needs permission to do anything, it can make it's own choices and the writer struggles more greatly to erase it's existence.  

The only way to kill a character without it's writing being involved is to burn the paper on which the original plans for the character were made.

Writers
Rather obvious, they are humans with an unusual set of powers. They create characters, manifest them in a real life situation by writing out the characters personality and ambitions on a piece of paper. They have control of these characters - can control when they live or die dependant on how independent the character is and how finely in tune with their ability they are.

A template of the character plan that writers most commonly use to have enough information for their characters to manifest is the following:

Full Name:
Belongs to what writer:
Looks (If possible):

Full Name: Sara Lilly Parker
Used Name: Sara
Age (All applicants starting the new year must be 14, those who are already with us can be anything up to 23): 18
Other (Relationship status, important things to take note of in family history or personality etc.): Single, been at the school since the specified age, works in one of the local cafes as a waitress and has one character which; although is independent she cherishes.
Looks:
Full Name: Jacqueline Dario
Species: Human
Ambitions: To become a world class painter.
Belongs to what writer: Sara
Looks (If possible):

Full Name: Oscar Martin
Used Name: Oscar
Age (All applicants starting the new year must be 14, those who are already with us can be anything up to 23): 14
Other (Relationship status, important things to take note of in family history or personality etc.): New to the school, has no control of his character; luckily his character isn't capable of much damage.
Looks:
Full Name: Deigo
Species: Gray Wolf
Ambitions: Wolf things
Belongs to what writer: Oscar
Looks (If possible):

Full Name: Clara Freja
Used Name: Clara
Age (All applicants starting the new year must be 14, those who are already with us can be anything up to 23): 22
Other (Relationship status, important things to take note of in family history or personality etc.): Perfected her skills in recent years, she doesn't treat her characters very well; they are simply their to be used at her will and she never keeps them around for long. Her grandmother shared the same abilities as her.
Looks:
Full Name: Fredirik Magnus
Ambitions: To serve his writer
Belongs to what writer: Clara
Looks (If possible):

Last edited by BestNameEva on Fri 24 Jun - 18:54; edited 6 times in total
BestNameEva

View user profile http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Re: The Institute of Writers

Post  SpiritWolfe on Fri 24 Jun - 18:28

My Characters

Full Name: Jessica Lynn Marshall
Used Name: Jess or Jessie
Age (All applicants starting the new year must be 14, those who are already with us can be anything up to 23): 15
Other (Relationship status, important things to take note of in family history or personality etc.): This is her second year
Looks:

Full Name: Lilly Belle
Species: Fairy
Ambitions:
Belongs to what writer: Jessica
Looks (If possible): Very small. Appears about the size of a two or three year old. Very long light brown hair that comes down to her waist, sparkling blue eyes. Clear wings as fine as a spiders web but pointed looking somewhat like feathers almost in shape but with detailed patterns. A crown of flowers and vine on top of her head. NEVER wears shoes.

Full Name: Maxwell Franklin Carter
Used Name: Max
Age (All applicants starting the new year must be 14, those who are already with us can be anything up to 23): 20
Other (Relationship status, important things to take note of in family history or personality etc.): He has been here since he was 14 and has a few characters but very few he enjoys long enough to keep.
Looks:

Full Name: Aramis
Species:
Ambitions:
Belongs to what writer: Maxwell
Looks (if possible):

Last edited by SpiritWolfe on Wed 29 Jun - 16:10; edited 1 time in total
SpiritWolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice on Fri 24 Jun - 19:15

((I'll add mine here, got some uni work to do so I'll be slow))

Full Name: Carmen Elizabeth Hanson
Used Name: Carmen
Other: Single, been at the institute for a few months now, has to use a wheelchair most times due to limited movement, but that's what her characters are for, they help her and she created them for friendship. She can be quite shy, but is bubbly and always smiling when people get to know her.
Looks:
[img]

Full Name: Rhavaniel Eccaia
Species: Elf
Ambitions: To make sure my creator is happy, that's all I want
Belongs to what writer: Carmen
Looks:
[img]

Full Name: Jonas Knightly
Ambitions: To help Carmen and to keep her safe and then maybe become a successful property developer or something like that
Belongs to what writer: Carmen
Looks:
[img]

Last edited by Vampire-Apprentice on Fri 24 Jun - 19:35; edited 1 time in total
Vampire-Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva on Fri 24 Jun - 19:34

"Can you stop staring at her?" Sara mumbled with a small grimace as she leant against the counter of the cafe she worked at to speak to Maxwell, on her break. "It's creepy, and you might get kicked out; who will I speak to on my break then? Characters are banned from in here, you know that. Let the poor woman eat her sandwich in peace, you'll stop her from coming in here. I think she's weird anyway, you can do better than that."
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice on Fri 24 Jun - 19:41

Carmen wheeled herself up to the café and she looked at the two characters stood beside her. "I think you two need to stay out here."

"Are you going to be okay on your own?" Rhavaniel asked.

She nodded. "See you later." She wheeled herself through the door and she looked for a place to go.
Vampire-Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe on Fri 24 Jun - 19:44

"I'm not staring," he grumbled letting out a frustrated breath. "Stop being so paranoid with everything Sara, lighten up a bit." Even as he spoke his gaze shifted unconsciously towards Clara before returning to Sara. "When do you get off anyway?"
SpiritWolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva on Fri 24 Jun - 20:02

"Two hours time," Sara hummed softly, "But I also get my wage packet before I leave too, so we can go get a coffee in a cafe that isn't my place of work, if you want to? Or we could go to a museum and look at those old statues o-"

"Another latte," Clara cut Sara off, taking the seat beside Maxwell near the counter.

"I'm on my br-" Sara began, cutting with with a sigh when she was given a pointed look.

Oscar was sat on a table in the corner, drinking a can of coke. Under his table was Diego, whom he had obviously snuck into the cafe.
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice on Fri 24 Jun - 20:04

Carmen eventually found a seat in the most secluded part of the café and she wheeled herself between chairs and tables, trying not to knock anything over.
Vampire-Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva on Fri 24 Jun - 20:08

Oscar grimaced when he heard Diego yelp as Carmen wheeled over his tail. Oscar scolded him with a sharp, "Shush! Be quiet! Your going to get us kicked out!"
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice on Fri 24 Jun - 20:10

"Im sorry, did I run over your foot?" She asked imnnocently
Vampire-Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva on Fri 24 Jun - 20:17

"Go, go not me." Oscar hummed with a shake of his head, "It's fine, don't worry. No worries at all."
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice on Fri 24 Jun - 20:18

"Oh...Um....Okay..." She wheeled herself off.
Vampire-Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe on Fri 24 Jun - 20:21

Max nodded, "That's not to bad. I might be able to cope that long." He grinned at her instantly going quiet when Clara sat beside him.
SpiritWolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva on Fri 24 Jun - 20:28

Sara just let out a small exhale when Max went quietly, mumbling something incoherent and wandering into the back to make Clara another latte in silence.

"Staff here need to stop sitting around and talking, they aren't getting paid for that." Clara hummed gently.

---
"You want to sit near here? Not going to sit on your own, are you?"
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe on Fri 24 Jun - 20:32

"That's what a break is. Which is what she is on right now and yet she's making your drink," he commented dryly, his eyes shifting towards where Sara went.
SpiritWolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice on Fri 24 Jun - 20:33

"Not a lot of people really want to sit with a girl in a wheelchair." She told him. "I'm probably better off on my own since I just ran some part of you over."
Vampire-Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva on Fri 24 Jun - 20:42

"No, not me.. My- doesn't matter. Sit with me; it's ok, if I had an issue with it then I wouldn't of offered." Oscar whispered quietly. "Come on, I'm new.... It'd be nice to make a friend."

----
"She doesn't deserve a break, waiterssing isn't hard work." Clara replied, "And the customer is always right, I should get her fired because she went to complain."

(( Brb 30/40 minutes )))
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice on Fri 24 Jun - 20:45

Carmen looked at him and she wheeled herself over, putting the brakes on her wheelchair when she got there. "Thanks, I'm Carmen by the way."
Vampire-Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe on Fri 24 Jun - 20:51

"Just leave her, she's nice. And if it's so easy you should do it."
SpiritWolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva on Fri 24 Jun - 21:14

----
"I have money, I don't need a lowly little waitressing job. I'm not a peasant like her." Clara replied with a quiet laugh. "She's paid to make me coffees, therefore she should do exactly that. Who are you anyway? I don't even know your name, you shouldn't be talking back to me."

----
"I'm Oscar," He hummed brightly, reaching his hand out to offer her a handshake. "Nice to meet you."

Last edited by BestNameEva on Fri 24 Jun - 21:39; edited 1 time in total
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice on Fri 24 Jun - 21:20

She gave him a handshake.
Vampire-Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe on Fri 24 Jun - 21:21

Maxwell stared at her for a long moment. "Nice to know you can go to the same school with someone for years and they have no idea. Shows how into yourself you really are."
SpiritWolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva on Fri 24 Jun - 21:24

"Not the talking type then? That's fine... I'll, find something to start the conversation." Oscar grimaced, moving his gaze to glance around.

----
"I've never seen you in any lessons, which means I'm more advanced than you. It isn't a small building we go to, how am I suppose to know who you are?"
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice on Fri 24 Jun - 21:27

"Sorry, I'm just...You know...Not the most confident person ever."
Vampire-Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva on Fri 24 Jun - 21:31

Oscar just rolled his eyes at that.