Will You Keep The Secret

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Will You Keep The Secret

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sat 6 Jun - 23:38

"I wouldn't get to that point again. I just don't like disagreeable situations."

---

"H-He, it's too soon, I - " Kimi tried to get untangled but Melani, ears cocked had started snarling, hackles rising as she caught scent.

"M-Mel, it's okay," Kimi said, panic making his voice higher. "He's not going to hurt anyone, I promise."

It took a few moments, but Keani had come into view at the edge of the trees, tense and ready to bolt at any moment.
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

View user profile http://bestfruit4eva.forummotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe on Sat 6 Jun - 23:46

"I know you dont. I've known you for some time now Liam and that's one thing I know."

------

It just took a second before Amara spotted him and she gently pulled her hand free of Kimi's. "Let me...just to the bush..." She pointed a few feet.

Riley glanced to the boy and frowned.
SpiritWolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sat 6 Jun - 23:53

Liam scrubbed a hand over his head and sighed before weakly asking, "So, lunch?"

---

"No, no, y-you don't need to, I - Mel!" Kimi jerked to his feet at the same time Melani took off in a streak of fur, colliding with Keani with a frightening snarl.
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe on Sat 6 Jun - 23:58

"What would you like?" She took hold of his hand again.

----

"I wan-" She started sunning around when Melani took off.

Riley was at Melani's side instantly grabbing her by the fur of her neck just roughly enough to pull her back off the younger boy. "Mel no! Let's give the kid a chance to speak..."
SpiritWolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sun 7 Jun - 0:05

"I don't mind. Anything. So long as I can help. Do something with my hands."

---

Melani keened loudly and angrily, struggling violently as Keani clambered to his feet. The brief contact had had her teeth in his shoulder and he'd clawed at her stomach but neither wound was too deep.

"S-She wasn't supposed to know." Kimi sounded horrified.
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe on Sun 7 Jun - 0:14

Aleaka smiled softly. "How about some soup and sandwiches hmm?" She brushed her thumb to his cheek.

----

"Maybe he wanted her to know...he came way to close Kimi" She whispered laying a hand on his shoulder.

"Enough. Neither of you will attack the other. Not here and not now. Melani I'll let you go but you must remain at my side or sit with the kids, okay?" Riley agreed fixing his gaze on her before switching to Keani. "Why are you here?"
SpiritWolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sun 7 Jun - 0:21

Liam nodded quietly, leaning briefly into her touch before walking towards the kitchen.

---

"What would that get him? A fight? An excuse?" Kimi was trembling with something close to anxiety, or fear.

Melani bared her teeth in a silent snarl, pacing back and forth angrily.

Keani pressed his hand against his shoulder, popping it back into place with barely a wince. Then, quietly, he tilted his head to the side to show the mess of white scar tissue against his throat and then pointed to his mouth, mouthing the word, 'Insubordination'. He'd had his vocal chords savaged.
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe on Sun 7 Jun - 0:28

She smiled softly getting up and following him. She went to prepare a small pot of soup on the stove letting him make the sandwiches.

----

Amara shifted closer to him laying her hand on top of his hands and rubbing her thumb against it gently. "I don't know. Can you talk to him."

He frowned deeply. "Do you sign? Mara can sign would that be easier?"
SpiritWolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sun 7 Jun - 12:50

Liam mumbled and hummed nonsensically to himself as he rummaged through the fridge for what he wanted.

---

Kimi flinched briefly at her touch and he shrugged a shoulder, staring intently at his brother. Despite her touch, he still chose to wring his hands together.

Keani tapped his forehead and then gestured forward, suggesting he had some sort of telepathy. It was his method of asking permission, but the movement had Melani snarling louder, her muscles bunching as if she was preparing to leap forward again.
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe on Sun 7 Jun - 13:05

She glanced over her shoulder at him while she cut up some of the ingredients into smaller pieces placing them into the pot. Hearing his humming she laughing quietly under her breath before starting to sing quietly.

-----

"Easy, you know I wouldn't harm you." She whispered giving his shoulder a tiny squeeze.

Riley reached back and rested a hand on Melani's shoulder blade's lightly tangling his fingers in the fur there in an attempt to keep him calm. With a small nod he stepped forward towards Keani and knelt down to they were more eye to eye. "Go ahead."
SpiritWolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sun 7 Jun - 13:11

Liam's humming almost immediately switched without him seeming to realise, just to match her singing at a lower pitch. It took him a few moments, but he finally found what he wanted and brought out a bundle of ingredients to the counter.

---

"I'm just really nervous." Kimi's eyes flit back and forth from Keani and Melani.

Keani grinned widely, showing perhaps more teeth than was strictly necessary, head tilting to one side.

They got me for not doing what I was told. He lifted a hand to thumb at his throat. 'cause, hey, I didn't tell them how to get here. Kimi an' me, we're connected. Not hard to find 'im.
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe on Sun 7 Jun - 13:18

Aleaka couldn't help the small smile that formed on her face as Liam began to sing along with her. It was exactly what she had been aiming for...a small bit of distraction for him.

----

"It's going to be alright, Ri won't let anything bad happen." She whispered going back to holding his hand and rubbing small circles against it with her thumb.

He frowned slightly looking at the boy. "So you're telling me that you're protecting Kimi...is that what you're saying? Cause if you're doing so then it's appreciated but why does she want to hurt?" By 'she' he meant Melani.
SpiritWolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sun 7 Jun - 13:25

"Is there anything you don't like?" Liam asked after a brief pause of thought.

---

"I just...I think Keani wants to make it better? But Melani just can't get past the hate."

Keani gave a wheezy, near silent laugh, hand pressing to his throat, Oh. Oh, they didn't tell you? She hates me because I'm the one that failed in taking Kimi's throat out completely and, instead, he turns. Escaped the scene of the crime pretty quickly, but Mel here, she's got a thing for scents Keani tapped his nose. Can't sell out my brother when he's my progeny. That's like, three types of betrayal.

Melani's snarling was steadily getting louder, as if she was able to hear what Keani was saying as well and she snapped her jaws at him when he winked at her, causing him to skitter several steps back to avoid getting bitten.
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe on Sun 7 Jun - 13:34

She smiled softly trying not to giggle. "No peppers or onions I only like those when cooked."

----

Amara shifted slightly closing her eyes to try to hear Riley. "I'm not sure. Maybe Riley can talk to her."

His eyes shifted back and forth between Keani and Melani before he looked over his shoulder at Kimi and his sister giving them a look that clearly meant for them both to stay put before once again looking at the boy. "I'm not about to mess around here. Either you're on our side or you're not. There's no going back and forth here...not when lives are at stake. 'MY' families lives." The 'my' making it sound like he was including Kimi and Mel into his life which he was.
SpiritWolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sun 7 Jun - 13:39

Liam stared at his mess of ingredients and then, after a moments deliberation, found what he was looking for and removed the onions and peppers.

---

"I don't think Mel wants to get past the hate."

Keani lifted his hands and shrugged, There's nothing I can do concrete. I'm stuck to Kimi, I'm stuck to my sire. Between a rock and a hard place. Thing is though, boss guy still wants 'im dead. S'kinda hard to ignore someone in your head. He rocked back on his heels. I'm not saying I will. I hate the clan I'm stuck in. Can't exactly waltz on out though. Not as black and white as this side, that side, my side.

Melani had resumed pacing back and forth, just behind Riley, though she didn't break eye contact from Keani who seemed to be talking to her when he wasn't to Riley.
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe on Sun 7 Jun - 13:46

She smiled watching him, her soup already cooking nicely on the stove.

----

"And that certainly won't make things easy."

"I know how sides work. The only way to get away is to eliminate the problem." However that wouldn't be as easy as just saying it. There were many risks involved with doing something like that. Riley glanced to Melani once more. "What are you telling her?"
SpiritWolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sun 7 Jun - 13:51

Liam bit his cheek in thought and then set aside what he wanted, stuffing the rest of it into the fridge in some semblance of order.

---

"I don't blame her," Kimi said quietly. "He did try to kill me."

Just a little familial banter. No need to get so suspicious, Keani gave a wheezy sounding laugh again, eyes darting briefly past to make eye contact with Kimi who abruptly stiffened.

Melani had gone eerily still, ears back and her spine stiff.
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe on Sun 7 Jun - 13:58

Pulling out a chair Aleaka sat down watching him. "Would you like any help?"

---

"I know. How do you feel about tit though, do you want to work things out with him?"

"I have ever right to be suspicious when you show up here." He replied stepping to the side to get in the way of Keani. "I will protect them from whomever I have to, remember that."
SpiritWolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sun 7 Jun - 14:02

"Nah. Nah, I'll be fine. Just need something to do with my hands and this'll suit me." Liam was going through the motions almost mechanically, but it seemed to be easing the tension from his shoulders.

---

"I'd like to. But, I mean...its been a really long..." Kimi fell silent, tilting his head over as he listened to something.

Keani just stared at him for a few moments, before blinking rapidly, You think its a random chance I've shown up? What, Kimi didn't tell you, he came a-looking for me just the other day? I should be hurt. In faux pain, he clasped a hand over his heart and laughed again when Melani startled, her head whipping around to Kimi.
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe on Sun 7 Jun - 14:23

"Alright, sing another sing another song with me then?"

-----

Amara gently tightened her hand around his moving closer as if she wanted to shield or protect him from something.

"No. No he didn't and by the reaction from Mel I'd say she didn't know either....however I'd say a certain young girl did." He looked towards Amara.
SpiritWolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sun 7 Jun - 17:44

"Not much of a singer, I'm afraid."

---

Kimi took a half step forward, his weight tugging forward.

Hey, I'm not the one keeping all the secrets. Keani rubbed at his throat with another wheezy noise and Melani seemed to lose the last thread of her patience then, lurching forward to collide with him again.
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe on Sun 7 Jun - 18:49

"You sang just moments ago love."

-----

Riley hissed under his breath grabbing Melani.

Amara was on her feet. "I'll go with you."
SpiritWolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sun 7 Jun - 19:07

"Oh? Did I?" Liam sounded and looked bemused as he paused in his actions briefly.

---

Melani twisted briefly to snap warningly at Riley's hand, trying to wriggle out of his reach.

Kimi moved to take hold of her hand and tugged her after him.
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe on Sun 7 Jun - 19:15

"Yes, it was very nice."

----

Riley shook his head. "Don't Mel."

She linked her fingers with him letting him lead.
SpiritWolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sun 7 Jun - 19:23

Liam still looked slightly amused, since he didn't realise he'd been doing it.

---

Melani began straining against his hold, even as Keani ignored her and focussed on Kimi and Amara with a mild expression of amusement.
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top