The Demon Trapping Society

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Thu 24 Oct - 22:38

Demons, Angels and the Unnatural have been present on earth since the early 1800’s. And, for just as long, there have been Trappers , Hunters and Warlocks to combat and take advantage of this situation.

The current year is 2018 and Trapping, Hunting and Sorcery has become common practice throughout the world.

((IF YOU DON’T WANT TO READ IT ALL, JUST READ THE CATEGORY YOU WANT YOUR PERSON TO BE: TRAPPER, HUNTER, WARLOCK etc))

Trappers

Trappers, as the name implies, gain their livelihood by trapping demons and handing them in to their local Trapping Society Building to be ‘dematerialised’ a process which not only destroys the physical body, but the demon itself, so it cannot return to earth.  The Trapping Society works as a guild status. This means there are different ranks which are as follows; Apprentice, Novice, Journeyman, Master and Grandmaster. Each rank entitles a Trapper to catch new demons and still stay safe while doing so. Trapping is a self taught profession, with only the survivors managing to advance. All supplies are brought through one of several Journeymen throughout the society. Trappers frequently employ the help of warlocks.

Supplies used by Trappers include:

Holy Water (Damages every type of demon, while being less effective as you increase in Grade. It can also be used, when drizzled in a circle or closed space, as temporary containment.)
Boxes, Jars, Nets (Each is to catch a different Grade of demon. A Grade One demon may fit in a jar, whereas a Grade Three, or Four – depending – needs to be caught by a net. Some demons cannot be caught by conventional methods and may require the help of a Warlock.)
Power Spheres (These include the basic elements, like Fire Spheres – red and Ice Spheres – blue. There are others, such as Holy Water Spheres – white, and Geo Spheres – purple. Fire Spheres are used generally to frighten lower Grade demons. Ice Spheres are used against Fire based Graded demons, Holy Water Spheres are generalised, and Geo Spheres are used against Geo Fiends and demons which float and need to be trapped to the floor before being caught.)
Crowbar/Iron bar/Blunt Weapon (Some larger demons fight back. Having a blunt weapon handy can be the difference between life and death)

The Ranks of Trappers:

Apprentice (The first Rank of Trappers. Any Apprentice Trapper, before they join the Guild, must be accepted by the Grand Master. From there, they will be given a crash course in Trapping. They are only permitted to catch Grade One demons. Once they have caught a certain amount, they can apply for Novice. They aren’t allowed to use Spheres.)
Novice(When a Trapper becomes a Novice, despite passing a test, can only still catch Grade One demons until they prove they can catch Grade Twos. Once passed, they can use Holy Water Spheres and Elemental Spheres. There is a second test within the rank that allows them to capture Grade Three, with another Trapper only, Journeyman or higher. They have to catch a certain amount of Grade Twos and achieve five assisted Grade Three captures before they can advance to Journeyman.)
Journeyman (A Journeyman is the rank that most Trappers reach before they cannot go any further. They are automatically allowed to catch Grade Threes and Grade Fours – the first under supervision, the rest by themselves – but the quota for passing is much more difficult. With, or without assistance, so long as another Journeyman or Master Trapper is present, a Journeyman hoping to advance must capture or kill a Grade Five demon. Three subsequent failures of capturing a Grade Five prevents a Journeyman from advancing until they can prove their capturing skills by trapping several Grade Three and Four demons until a Master says they are ready to make the next rank.)
Master (This is the highest rank any conventional Trapper can make as there is only one Grand Master at a given time. Masters are qualified to catch any Grade of demon and use any and all equipment available to them. Those who are brave, or foolhardy, can put themselves into the running for being the next Grand Master by going after an ArchFiend, demons which hide as humans and cause massive collateral damage. They cannot be caught by any conventional bonds, and must be trapped by words and trickery. Masters spend most of their time making captures or monitoring Journeymen and Novice Trappers.)
Grand Master (There is only one Grand Master to every society. He or she is a Trapper which has accomplished a lot in their life and, most crucial, captured or detained an ArchFiend. They make the decisions which affect the guild, and has the say in who can and cannot pass their tests into different ranks.)

Hunters

Hunters have a much simpler lifestyle than Trappers. Instead of being self employed and taught, they get state paid training and a state paid job to hunt down demons and kill their physical bodies. This means that a demon can return once it goes through hell and finds itself a body again. However, it is a quick, sure fire way to get rid of a demon problem.

Hunters don’t have ranks. They have heavy weaponry and a tendency to kill, and work either alone, or in teams up to at least ten. They have been labelled more reliable than Trappers, and, unlike the Trapping Society, do not hold Warlocks in high regards.
Supplies used by Hunters include:

Guns (Lots of guns are used by hunters. They never have anything less than three guns on their person. The bullets are blessed, made of iron, and normally doused in Holy Water before they’re passed out to hunters.
Knives (A hunter never leaves home without jangling like a coin purse with the amount of metal they’re wearing. A hunter is never left weapon less.)
Holy Water (Always a must have when facing demons hidden as humans. This is so hunters don’t accidentally kill innocents.)

Warlocks

Warlocks, generally as a rule, hate demons. They use them in spells, they use them for power, but every self respecting Warlock hates demons. This is why they are the main provider of Power Spheres for the Trapping Society. Depending on their skill and power listing, Fledgling to Adept, they can conduct varying strength spells and incantations for those with the money to buy them. They don’t, however, kill demons themselves, normally employing the help of Trappers if they want to use any sort of essence from demons to power their spells. They normally have small shops where they provide their services. In extreme cases, known as ‘Necromancers’, this service is to raise a body for indentured servitude for a year of time. This is deeply frowned upon however, as well as expensive.

Warlocks have nothing to their name aside from the power of their magic. The only way they can rise from Fledging through the listings of power, is if their capacity and amount of magic increases. Most Warlocks stay at one rank throughout their entire life.

Despite what people say, Warlocks are purely human. They have no unnatural ancestry and are just born by luck with their power.

Demons and Other Creatures

Demons are categorized in Grades by how dangerous they are. These range from One, being the least dangerous, to Five and ArchFiend, demons generally left to the professionals. The more souls a demon collects, the faster they climb from Grade to Grade and the more power they gain.
Not only are there demons, but there are Fallen as well, who are just as lethal if not more as Grade Fives and ArchFiends. As the name implies, they are Fallen Angels but, as there are Fallen, there are also Angels.

The Grading System:

Grade One – These demons are normally called ‘Imps’. They cause small amounts of damage, hate books and tend to steal shiny things. They stand, at a maximum, of six inches high. They are difficult to catch, but hardly a danger aside from a bite here and there.
Grade Two – These are categorised as ‘Elemental Fiends’. They tend to set things on fire, burst water mains and cause damage to pathways and roads. They tend not to be powerful, however, and grow up to around a foot in height. Spheres are normally needed to catch these demons.
Grade Three – These demons are nicknamed ‘Gastro Fiends’. They have the ability to eat everything and anything, ranging from human flesh, bones, metal, scrap, animals and even patches of brickwork, asphalt and concrete. Their blood is extremely acidic, as is their saliva. They’re incredibly dangerous for what Grade they’ve been given, and stand at a height of around four feet. They have two sets of teeth, know rudimentary English, and always attack unprovoked.
Grade Four – The demons in Grade Four are commonly known as ‘Mesmers’. They’re normally known as Incubi and Succubi. By using their power, while it isn’t permanent, they can disguise themselves as humans for short periods of time to seduce the unwary. They can mind trick the weak willed and have the highest rate of stealing souls.
Grade Five – These are called ‘Geo Fiends’. They look mostly human, apart from their main attributes of horns, sharp claws and wings. They also stand at over seven foot, and tend to float in the air. They cause natural disasters, such as earthquakes, freak blizzards, hurricanes and volcanic eruptions – in the middle of populated cities. The closer they are to ArchFiend, the more human they look.
Ungraded/Master – ArchFiends are the most dangerous demon any person could ever encounter. They even frighten other demons. They look completely human unless they choose not to and aren’t as affected by holy items. It’s incredibly difficult to capture or kill one. Not even Trappers and Hunters willingly face ArchFiends unless they’re forced too.
Other – The Fallen and Angels. Both Fallen and Angels look human and only show their wings when they want them to be seen. Fallen are more common and side with demons. They still own their Swords of Flame. Angels are much rarer to encounter and still have their Heavenly Power, so are much stronger than Fallen, though they choose not to fight. They almost always stay out of Mortal Affairs.

Name:
Nickname:
Profession:
Rank (Where Applicable):
Partner:
Family:
Other:
Looks:

Last edited by Fruit-Pastilles on Sat 26 Oct - 23:24; edited 1 time in total
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

View user profile http://bestfruit4eva.forummotions.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Demon Trapping Society

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Thu 24 Oct - 22:38

My Characters

Trappers

Name: Ithaca Theodori
Nickname: None
Profession: Trapper
Rank (Where Applicable): Novice
Partner: None
Family: Her brother Icarus, who is a Trapper too.
Other:  Her father was a Trapper before he lost his life going after an ArchFiend three years previous. Ithaca was there at the time as it was supposed to be a normal, basic trapping, and still has the scars against her ribcage from the encounter. However, she’s still a cheerful person despite her ordeals, and still determined to become a Trapper.
Looks:

Name: Icarus Theodori
Profession: Trapper
Rank (Where Applicable): Journeyman
Family: His sister, Ithaca.
Other: Is close to being the youngest Master the local Trapping Society has seen. He was taking his Journeyman test when his father and Ithaca encountered the ArchFiend. Cold, calculative and to the point. Very defensive of his sister.
Looks:

Hunters

Name: Anastasia Woodbrooke
Nickname: Anna, Annie
Profession: Hunter
Rank (Where Applicable): She has enough experience to run her own group. She tends to run solo.
Family: None
Other: Anastasia was taken in as an orphan by the Vatican. She’s been trained to kill demons ever since. She takes her job seriously and has great contempt for Trappers, because she believes that the job they’re doing is time consuming and too dangerous.
Looks:

Name: Derrick Callaghan
Rank (Where Applicable): N/A
Family: Mother and father, both in the profession.
Other: He had a brother in the profession, but he died due to a Hunt gone wrong. Derrick is thoughtful and cynical, but is otherwise fairly relaxed. Doesn’t like timewasters and has a deep hatred for Trappers because he blames them for the death of his brother – the Trappers were supposed to assist with the Hunt and failed.
Looks:

Others

Name: Theon Struan
Nickname: Theo
Profession: Terrorising the general populace whenever he wants. It’s a good job.
Rank (Where Applicable):  ArchFiend
Family: Nope
Other: Theon is happy-go-lucky, cheerful and does not care at all for anyone but himself. Basically, he likes to mess people up. He’s fairly tall, well built, and cocky. Likes to mess with mortal affairs and, though he doesn’t make it common knowledge, is ranked high in the Hierarchy.
Looks:

Last edited by Fruit-Pastilles on Sun 3 Nov - 15:00; edited 2 times in total
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix on Sat 26 Oct - 20:54

My Characters:

Name: Katia Martell
Nickname: Kat
Partner:

Family: Her adoptive brother, Diego and their father, a retired hunter.
Other: Katia was adopted into Diego's family at the age of four or so, her actual origins are unknown, but she's widely assumed to be Eastern European due to her first name which is the only thing she retained from her parents.
Looks:

Name: Diego Martell
Nickname: Diego
Partner:

Family: His adopted sister Katia and their now retired father.
Other:
Looks:

Last edited by Phoenix on Sat 26 Oct - 22:44; edited 1 time in total
Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva on Sat 26 Oct - 20:55

My Characters

Name: “Nevia Ally Sanders.”
Nickname: “Via or Nev, whichever.”
Gender: “I’mma a bloke, yup, definitely. You think I’m being serious?  Okay... Okay... Stop. I’m joking. Now I’m offended.”
Profession: “I’mma a wizard. Unfortunately it isn’t like the Harry Potter kinda wizard which would be awesome!  .... You muggle. Wait! Does that count as a profession? I run a shop too, sometimes... depends.”  
Rank (Where Applicable): "Medium power ranking, yup, nice and snug in the middle!"
Partner: “Me, myself and I. Yup. I love all three of them individually.”
Family: “I’ve got a younger brother, but he lives with my parents an entire country away so..”
Other: “I have a tattoo on my wrist that’s the Chinese symbol for health.”
Looks:

Name: "Atticus Lukas Sanders.… It's an old man name I know - shut up!"
Nickname: "The nick-names you can imagine would come out of my name."
Age: "Eighteen. Yes, despite my twin sisters words. I am the same age as her, thank you very much."
Profession: "Warlock. It's okay,  it's pretty amazing actually I love being one even though a lot of people don't like us."
Rank (Where Applicable):
Partner: "In crime? I have no partner in crime… ha… ha…"
Family: "My twin sister Nevia - who's a little weakling in comparison to me and then there's my parents who live away and are more proud of my sister for owning some poxy shop than me."
Other:
Looks:

Last edited by BestNameEva on Sun 3 Nov - 12:05; edited 2 times in total
BestNameEva

View user profile http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sat 26 Oct - 23:22

((We sure we're all ready then lol? Vamp is joining when she can))
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix on Sat 26 Oct - 23:29

((I'm ready))
Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice on Sat 26 Oct - 23:32

Name: Carmen Connelly
Nickname: Just Carmen
Profession: Wizard
Rank (Where Applicable): Medium
Partner: Nope
Family: Nope
Other: I have the infinity symbol on my right ankle but that's it
Looks:
Vampire-Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sat 26 Oct - 23:41

"So, I heard you're going for Master soon." Ithaca sat next to Icarus heavily on the curb just outside of the Trapping Society building. "Sure you wanna take that step?" She was counting bills quietly in her hand. "I mean, that Grade Three had you going for a minute the other day."

"I know what I'm doing, don't worry," Icarus grumbled. "I'll be lucky if I even find a Geo-Fiend anyway, with all the Hunters in town nowadays. They have to come up to the Society to confirm kills and there's more of them everyday."

Ithaca shrugged, separating her money into tens before stuffing them all into her wallet.

Anastasia was in the lower part of town, sitting against a wall as she wiped blood out of her eyes and checked her clip, muttering angrily to herself about the number of Grade Threes that she'd found and because she was running out of ammo in her favourite gun.

Theon was humming cheerfully as he walked down the street primarily focused on magic, peering at the windows every few moments if something caught his eye. Some people would actively avoid him as he walked, mostly Warlocks in the know and Grade Fours disguised as humans.

Derrick was sat in the park, writing something in a small diary as he squinted at the words, quietly counting to himself.
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice on Sat 26 Oct - 23:42

Carmen walked along the path in the park, heading in Derrick's direction.
Vampire-Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva on Sat 26 Oct - 23:45

Nevia was pottering around in the little window display of her shop, being rather clumsy as she tried to organise things to look presentable.
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix on Sat 26 Oct - 23:53

"If you guys did your jobs properly we wouldn't have been roped into to make so many kills." Katia commented as she and Diego walked past Icarus and Icatha. She'd just caught the end of the conversation and as she was turning up to report a kill she'd felt inclined to comment on what'd been said.
Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sat 26 Oct - 23:59

Derrick noted something down before writing a number and circling around it several times until he indented the page.

Theon watched Nevia curiously for a moment before quickly jogging forward to catch a sphere as it almost rolled off, holding it out. "Careful. Wouldn't want one of these to break on the street. Don't think many people would appreciate a blizzard at noon." He smiled cheerfully.

"We do our jobs. And then yours, when the demons you kill come back, twice as pissed and out for blood," Ithaca replied cheerfully, pushing her wallet into her pocket. "We have finesse. You just shoot and shoot until it dies and hope for the best. Besides, we both report to the Vatican anyway. When you go after that Five, take me huh?" She turned her attention back to Icarus. "I haven't seen a biggun for a while."

"Absolutely not." Icarus shot her down immediately, reaching to the bag beside him and rummaging absently through it. "It'll recognise you as a survivor. I'm not risking it."

"Come on Icarus! I need the experience, the Grand Master won't let me near anything past Grade Three because, well, y'know!"
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice on Sun 27 Oct - 0:00

((whats the deal with hunters and wizards? do they hate each other? or not?))
_____

"Do you mind if I sit here?" Carmen asked him.
Vampire-Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix on Sun 27 Oct - 0:07

"Ours is more time efficient." Katia retorted, leaning against Diego heavily after a few minutes of standing, her jacket shifting a little to show a bright red patch of blood on her shirt.

"Can you cut the chit chat so we can get in, out, then to the ER?" Diego asked her impatiently.
Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva on Sun 27 Oct - 0:08

Nevia cursed quietly, turning on the back of her heel and studying him for a moment, shoulders tensing slightly as she took the sphere off of him and replied, trying to sound light-hearted, "I don't know, it'd be fun closing the shop to make snowmen and have snowball fights. It's happened before, I always drop things - butterfingers, I have."
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sun 27 Oct - 0:13

((They're not fond of Warlocks/Wizards lol))

"I was just leaving," Derrick muttered, shoving his notebook away as he stood, leaning down to scoop up his rucksack.

"Ours is less damaging," Ithaca retorted, flipping her hair absently. "Don't see any of us coming out wounded as much as you do. Y'know, cause we're reliable. Less collateral."

"Ithaca." Icarus suddenly told her, in a such a tone that she physically flinched and glared at the floor, mumbling, "S'true."

"Tell dad that when we visit him next then."

Ithaca flinched again, glaring at him angrily before muttering, "Don't know if Hunters get taught, or if you're given enough, but douse a demon caused or infected wound with Holy water, most of it instantly heals when the taint is gone."

Theon's smile turned almost razor sharp. "Warlock's already get a lot of stigma. Wouldn't want any more by causing any disruptions. I suppose you should clear that clumsy habit right up. No more problems then."
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix on Sun 27 Oct - 0:17

"We've just received a dodgy load of holy water, turns out the guy that blessed it wasn't so blesséd himself. Apparently he did it wrong and now we have to wait another week for more. We just took down a pretty nasty son of a bitch without it, so I think we're doing quite well at the moment." Katia practically hissed, though it was hard to tell if it was just her being angry or in pain.

"Besides, we get wounded a lot more, but you lot end up dead more than we do."
Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice on Sun 27 Oct - 0:19

((ok))
________

"I didn't mean to make you leave."
Vampire-Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva on Sun 27 Oct - 0:19

"Not a habit, more like a genetic thing. My grandmother was the clumsiest person you could ever meet too, she could trip over air." Nevia replied with a shrug, adding quietly, "But I'm not particularly worried, people arenMt out for my head like they are for yours."
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sun 27 Oct - 0:25

"S'why you don't go through outside suppliers, you go through the Society like everyone else. They might not like you, but they're gonna supply you." Ithaca leaned over to her own bag, which Trappers were never without, rummaging through it before pulling out an old bottle that was probably used for soda but now was filled with clear liquid. "Try this one. Yesterday blessed, I'm behind anyway on my quota anyway, can have fourteen more. Didn't mean to let you hear me bitching about you. Money's tight and you keep taking all the demons."

"You aren't taking the Journeyman exam," Icarus said bluntly and Ithaca spluttered, still holding out the bottle but turning to him, "Excuse me? When do you get to make the decisions?"

"Because I'm your acting mentor ever since Jae snuffed it."

"You didn't. I have other places to be but here."

"And what would you know about that, chickadee?" Theon moved to grab her wrist. "About who's out for my head?"
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice on Sun 27 Oct - 0:26

"Ok."
Vampire-Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva on Sun 27 Oct - 0:28

"Trappers, hunters. Not you specifically, just your kind. There are loads around here, so you should watch your back is all." She replied, before telling him sharply, "Loosen your grip on my wrist please, I don't want to get any bruises."
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix on Sun 27 Oct - 0:34

"Thanks," Katia said, promptly taking the bottle and handing it to Diego, "Help me?"

"So you're going to strip off top half in the middle of the street and let everyone watch a three inch gaping hole disappear when it's cleaned with water?" Diego rolled his eyes, "You don't think enough."

"So it's okay for you to walk around topless when yours was covered with poison but when I'm leaking blood and covered in it, it's not okay?!"

"Not the point, we go in, I'll ask for a private room in there once we've made the report."
Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fruit-Pastilles on Sun 27 Oct - 0:39

"Be less witchy when out in public. It's disconcerting as hell," Derrick advised drably before walking down the path.

"Oh, hey, sure, high level Warlocks can tell. Necromancers can tell. But how the fuck can you tell what I am?" Theon smiled again, but it wasn't pleasant.

"People know about demons. They're a daily occurrence. The hole disappearing wouldn't matter as much as the fine for public indecency," Icarus said blandly, still going through his bag. "Mesmers don't leave wounds, Geo-Fiends break bones, One's don't damage and Twos are more likely to burn. If it's still bleeding, you've been attacked by a Grade Three, more likely a scratch than a bite. Since it hasn't stopped bleeding, you should check the claw isn't stuck in there. No amount of Water is going to save you from a stuck claw."
Fruit-Pastilles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice on Sun 27 Oct - 0:42

"I'm just acting like everyone else."
Vampire-Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content